There Are Always Big Benefits for POCA Members at MAS
One of the most satisfying things about Manchester Acupuncture Studio is our connection to a bigger network of affordable acupuncture providers and patients. We want acupuncture to become more affordable and accessible to as many people as possible. That's why we are among the founding members of
The People's Organization of Community Acupuncture (POCA).
POCA is a cooperative created to include anyone who has a stake in seeing more affordable acupuncture options; patients, acupuncturists, acupuncture clinics themselves, needle manufacturers, etc. etc. The point is to join together in order to more effectively move broad affordable acupuncture opportunities forward.
For example, among other initiatives, POCA provides micro-loans to help support new or expanding affordable clinics all over the country. POCA has also helped to create the first affordable acupuncture technical school, POCA Tech.
POCA Tech - a fully accredited school of Acupuncture - affords its students a complete acupuncture-centered education at ~ 25% the cost of a traditional acupuncture program. Upon successful completion, POCA Tech graduates are job-ready to provide their communities with affordable, high-quality acupuncture treatments.
Again, POCA's membership is made up of patients, organizations, clinics, and acupuncturists. Many of us have been members of POCA for many years.
Benefits for POCA membership are pretty impressive - while the cost is modest.
For as little $25/year, each member receives:
- 3 free new patient treatment coupons to give to friends and family, accepted at any POCA member clinic. (These alone are valued at over $75 dollars)
- A membership card that gets you a free treatment the week of your birthday at your POCA clinic of choice.
- A POCA "passport" to take with you when you travel and visit Community Acupuncture clinics around the world.
- Free e-books available on POCA's website. This, just in case you want to geek-out on Chinese medical theory.
- Access for POCA's monthy e-newsletters.
In addition, MAS runs specials for current POCA members throughout the year.
To wit: for the remainder of April, all acupuncture treatments in Manchester & Nashua are $10. Just bring in your POCA membership card.
In addition, treatments will be completely free of charge on May Day - Wednesday, May 1st. Yay!!
We offer specials like these in order to help bring more members into the POCA fold and say a big Thank You to our fellow members.
Posted in Acupuncture Blog